I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Sunday, November 09, 2008

House Camp Baracks

I had a wonderful Deepavali holiday in Singapore, reason being my dearest friends, Choo, Soo & Kaweng, who work in Singapore, had done a good job to plan and bring me around the island. I think this is funny and they were so cute, I was touched (although I didn't show or say this in front of them)... this wasn't my first time to Singapore... and I didn't consider myself as a tourist, it's just a visit to my dearest old friends who live there, but yet... they gave me their warmest hospitality. Thanks, friends.

Early in the morning of Deepavali, I drove to JB then I took public transport to Singapore from there. I thought I will be reaching Singapore around late afternoon, but things went smoothly and I reached there around 2pm. I crossed 2 customs check point and they came to pick me up at Woodland. I was starving and they brought me to this fabulous place... Dempsey, the latest hotspot for dinning... well, they know my taste so well... I like cozy restaurant... I'm quite fobia to crowded area.

House, was the one we chose... Kaweng said, this restaurant used to be an army camp... then now they turned it to a restaurant.







Can you tell what is this?
It's their menu!



The restaurant is next to a forest


The cashier counter and coffee counter

The interior



The guys had already had their lunch... So, they have to watch me eat my fish & chips...
(I will definitely go for fish & chips when I saw this appear in the menu, becasue I love potato chips)


This dish was a surprise to me, because I didn't see my favourite chips, they cut the potato in rectangular shape, so, I felt like eating potato, not chips.
They fried the fillet with Indian curry spices (same to the dipping sauce too), so, I thought I was eating an Indian cuisine, not Western.

My birthday had just passed, so, these guys were so sweet (actually they forgot to wish me on my birthday, I am not sure whether they were doing this to seek for my forgiveness... hehe, but frankly, I felt a bit disappointed because they've forgotten my birthday but I wasn't angry), they ordered 3 types of cakes for me, if each of the cake represent each of them... I would say...


Carrot Cake
Represents Choo - Healthy
(healthy always link to not so tasty, not so sweet)
Choo is a friend who doesn't sweet talk (this priviledge only applicable to his gf), and he is a genuine friend, who know how to take care to other ppl. You will feel save to be with him.


Chocolate fudge cake
Represents Soo - Sweet and a little bit bitter
Girls all time favourite. Soo is a selfless, kind and sensitive person. Very sweet in the sense that when you need help, he never fail to offer his hands to you; bitter part is when you need an opinion from him, he is quite indecisive and sometimes a bit blur... hahhaa
(he is going to kill me)


Straberry Short Cake
Represents - Kaweng
(tasted a bit sweet and at the same time a bit sour, a challenge to tastebuds and generally lady will like this)
Just like Kaweng, I believe he is very famous among girls... hahaha, am I right, friend? He is very outspoken, very knowledgeable, and a little bit naughty... don't girls like this?


When we were about to leave, I saw this in ladies. I have no idea what does the whole thing means, but it's a good pass time when you xu-xu... hahahaha

I didn't know the total in bill because this is my birthday present! Right, guys? hhahahaa

2nd and 3rd part my of my Singapore trip will be continue in my following posts... stay tune.

2 comments:

Pr3tty* Knitty~ said...

looks like a great restaurant! haha. and the fish n chip is soo special. aiya, you know these 3 guys de la.. kind of introvert in some way. But I know they really treat u as their good friend de! =)

Wei Sum said...

hshs, ys... next tine we go Sg together... ask them to be the host too! hahhaa