I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Nan Hwa Chong Fish-Head Steamboat Corner

Finally part of my Singapore trip:

I told the guys... I want to eat something different in Singapore which I cannot find in KL... then they suggested this - Fish Head Steamboat

They said usually the restaurant is crowded with ppl, so we decided to go there earlier... Yum yum... I like good food, especially with the right person...


Old vs New
An old back lane near the restaurant; the tall building is where Kaweng office located


The 3 guys...
They have long legs and walk very fast, I need to catch them at the back...


While we were walking to the restaurant... we bumped into BATMAN...
Don't believe me? See the picture!
Batman gonna received a summon because he parked at double line... hahaha
Just kidding, Halloween was near... the costume shop made this using poly foam. Amazing right?

There are 2 different restaurants, selling the same food and they are just opposite to each other near North Bridge. We chose the less crowded one.


The chillies


The roasted pork


The "gold needle mushroom"
According to Kaweng, it has "anti-cancer" property, overcook will destroy the property, hence, the best cook time is 3-5 minutes


The steamboat is full of variety of ingredients
(fish, mushroom, vegetable, pork and salty vegetable)


The steamboat is heated by charcoal


The guys commented that the steamboat in this restaurant is less salty compare to the opposite one
I only tasted once, and the steamboat made me think of my mom, because it taste like home-cook
Food always taste better when you dine with the right person


The opposite restaurant... selling the same thing


This one has more tables


After dinner... K time!
After K, Z time!
After Z, breakfast time!


This was my breakfast the next morning - Singapore bak kut teh!
This portion was shared between me & Kaweng. He ordered a pork leg (with a lot of fat underneath), pig kidney soup and vege...
haha, what a special breakfast!

After fatty breakfast, Slimming time!

Thanks guys, again... thanks for your hospitality.

p/s: end of the day, I spent only 1SGD (bus ticket to JB) for this whole trip... because all the expenses were on them... :p

No comments: