I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Walnut Chocolate Cheese Cake

Ya, you're right, you saw "Cheese" in the title. I mean, friends who know me will notice I don't eat cheese. I've been considering whether to make this or another butter cake, but butter cake will be very common and boring, and I've gone through the recepi, the cheese that she use (the one who wrote this recepi is a lady called Margaret) is cream cheese, not too cheesy and I think the taste can be easily accepted, so, I'm taking the risk...

Walnut Chocolate Cheese Cake

Ingredient A:
250g butter
4 tbsp
cocoa powder

Ingredient B:
250g cream cheese
1/4 tsp salt
100g caster sugar

Ingredient C:
1 egg

Ingredient D:
150g caster sugar
3 eggs

Ingredient E (sifted):
130g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder

Ingredient F:
50g chopped walnut

Method:
1. Melt butter in a small pot. Sift in cocoa powder to mix well, set aside for later use.
2. Beat B in food processor and add in C. Then spoon cheese mixture into a piping bag.
3. Beat D and pour in mixture (1), then fold in E.
4. Pour 1/2 portion (3) into a 10 inches x 10 inches baking tin (lined with greased proof paper)
(Instead of using baking tin, I use paper cup). Pipe the cheese mixture, and top with the remaining 1/2 portion. Sprinkle F on top.
5. Bake in preheated oven at 170 degree Celsius for 40-50 minutes.



See, nice or not? The cake turned out very nice! At least I myself like it, look nice, taste nice too! hehe...

p/s: The cake can be stored in fridge and served cold.

6 comments:

Vincent said...

one basket how much? heee :)

Wei Sum said...

Priceless...

Lingzie said...

wah very nice la!! looks so yummy! can make and sell d... :P

Wei Sum said...

lingtze, thank you... ya lo, I should quit my job to sell cup cake... think think, think think...

Pr3tty* Knitty~ said...

make sure you make something like this when i go back!!!!!!look soo delicious!

Wei Sum said...

Yes maam, will bake a dozen, just for you... hehe