I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Water Rafting @ Gopeng (29.10.11)

At first, I was a little hesitate about the trip, because I’m not an adventurous person, sports never like to befriend me and I seldom put myself in danger, therefore, no matter how much I admire people who has the courage to do bungee jump, or sky diving, I won’t! Water rafting isn’t as “dangerous” (some only think that these activities are high risk, they do not agree that they are dangerous because all of them do measure the risk and they have all sort of safety precautions to protect the participant), but still this is a game which need you to sign a consent to forego any claiming rights in times of severe injury or death, in another words, you have to be responsible for everything.

We, went in a group of 9, was separated into 3 groups, because only 4-6 people + guide can fit in a raft. Me and Heng Lee in a group, joining a Chinese couple and a Malay girl, 3 guys (Heng Lee’s friends) joining some people from a big group (if not mistaken, the group is from Coway, they are probably having their staff team building) and the remaining 4 (Shin Yen, Seok Bing, Seok Bing’s sister and brother in law) in a raft.

The water is neither calm or too rapid on that day, last rain was 2 days before our session. Yet, there’s a  part whereby Seok Bing’s brother in law fell into the water and hit a rock in one of the falls. My raft was in front of them, right after that fall when we reached the calm part, I looked back the witness his fall into the water, it was so scary, because he fell and I saw his head hit the rock and disappeared in the water. Luckily he was alright and saved by a guide… no serious injury, got a little cut on one of his eyelid and bruises. phew~

P1000258

Our raft has 5 participants and a guide.

(Our actual guide was holding the camera, the Malay guy in the picture is the guide leader)

P1000272P1000273

Half journey break

P1000282

Yeah! we managed to complete the journey successfully! Total time spent was about 4 hours.

P1000285

End of the journey – floating (as shown in the picture) back to the shore. 

This was my 2nd time joining this white water rafting, 1st time was years back in Kota Kinabalu (KK). I personally like this experience better than the KK one. And if you ask me whether I will do it again… this time, I will say YES!!! It’s fun.

No comments: