I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Saturday, July 05, 2008

I met a thief

Dear friends, some of you might already know this, but still I need to share my story to the rest, and hopefully this can prevent you from experiencing the same bad incident.

The day before I went bangkok (30th June), I was going to overnight at SF's friend house at PJ section 5, so that we can share cab to LCCT the next day morning. She came back from work at about 10.45pm, she called me and told me that she has already reached home, then I told her I'm on the way, will reached her house at 11pm. (Oh, I drove my car there and parked in her house)

When I was there, I saw her house was full with their family cars, so I park outside, not very far, but not near also. Was also my mistake for getting down the car without got her open the door for me. When I was at the gate, I called her a few times on her handphone, she didn't pick up my call, then I called SF to get her house phone number, I didn't ring her door bell because her house was dark, I didn't want to wake all of his family members up late night.

When I was walking to her house, I already saw a Malay guy walking passed me, so, I thought he was going back home, after a few calls, I turned back, I saw him was walking near me. Then he spoke a long Malay sentence which I thought he was asking for direction, (you should know how good is my Malay now). Then I didn't say anything, just looked at him, then he repeated his sentence again, he wanted my handphone and my backpack or he will punch me. I was stunted, I didn't know what should I do. Then he repeated the sentence the 3rd time. I had no choice but turned my head and shouted SF's friend name loud. Then he repeated his sentence the 4th time, I shouted her name again.

When I turned back my head facing him, he punched me on my face... I have no idea which part of my face he punch, but my gum bleed, and my nose got a scratch and bleed a little, and my mouth also got ulcers. After the punch, I saw stars (yes, like the cartoon, saw stars when we feel dizzy) and then I blacked out. Then what I can remember was, he pulled my hair and I shouted out loud.

After that, SF's friend's mom and brother came out... The stupid Malay thief got frighten and ran away without taking anything from me. I fell down on the road, all I can remember now is I walked in the house on my own, then half way I fell again... head still spinning, sit down in her living hall and they told me I was bleeding... After a long lecture from her mom and she led me to her room, I lied down on her bed and I started calling my best friend, then only I started crying.

I told SF and her friend, if the next day my face bengkak (swollen) or turned blue-black (bruise) or I become very ugly, I didn't want to go Bangkok. But luckily the next day, I still can't feel much pain, and my face was ok... So I went to Bangkok. But first day in Bangkok I wasn't really feeling very good, at night when they all went out shopping I needed to rest in my room.

Don't worry, I'm much OK now, except the ulcers are still there. And I must also thank God that the thief didn't has knife or manage to take anything from me (my wallet, I/C, driving license, passport and money all in my backpack).

So, the morals of the story are, when you visit a friend,
1. Do not make assumption that somebody will open the door for you.
2. Wait until you get the person to open the door then only get down from your car.

Ok, that's my sharing...

The world has gone mad... everywhere we go, we must take extra caution.

2 comments:

M.Nassif said...

that's indeed a terrible experience
thanks God u are fine

allison and I would be honored if u take a look on our blog and tell us what u think :)

http://dizzy-thoughts.blogspot.com/

c ya wei

Andrew said...

wow..this show that times are really bad. thank god you are ok. I wont be surprise if the crime rate increases and criminals resort to more violet tactics. Need to increase your situational awareness whenever you go out.