I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Saturday, June 23, 2007

To My Soul Mates

Oh, I'm going to post something which is not related to the title of my blog. But I don't care, because I want to share with all of you, how grateful am I to have special friends and soul mates and I always wanted to express my love to them. But, ermmm, you know, I'm not a good writer, and hey! I bumped into 2 poems that speak my mind today. So, I'm going to quote both of the poems here.



My secondary school mate... Chih Mun, Kitman, Chee Hong, Jenn Woei, Weng Hing, Qiao Yi, Pik Sim and etc.

I am so glad that you are a part of my life
It is a privilege - to know you, to share myself with you, and to walk together on the paths that take us in so many beautiful directions.

I had heard of “soul mate” before, but I never knew such a person could exist – until I met you.

Somehow, out of all the twists and turns our lives could have taken, and out of all the chances we might have missed, it almost seems like we were given a meant-to-be moment – to meet, to get to know one another, and to set the stage for a special togetherness.

When I am with you, I know that I am in the presence of someone who makes my life more complete then I ever dreamed it could be. I turn to you for trust, and you gave it openly. I look to you for inspiration, for answer, and for encouragement, and – not only do you never let me down - you lift my spirit up and take my thought to places where my troubles seem so much farther away and my joys feel like they’re going to stay in my life forever.

I hope you’ll stay forever, too. I feel like you’re my soul mate. And I want you to know that my world is reassured by you, my tomorrow‘s need to have you near, so many of my smiles depend on you, and my heart is so thankful that you’re here.

~ Carey Martin




A33 siao za bo... Siow Hui, Shook Fun, Keat, Ling Tze, Ti Min, Karen, Emily, Joanne, Jojo and of course due to our irresistible attraction, the group getting bigger and bigger.

Special people are those who have the ability to share their lives with others. They are honest in word and deed, they are sincere and compassionate and they always make sure that love is a part of everything…

Special people are those who have the ability to give to others and help them with the changes that come their way. They are not afraid of being vulnerable: they believe in their uniqueness and are proud to be who they are.

Special people are those who allow themselves the pleasures of being close to others and caring about their happiness. They have come to understand that love is what makes the difference in life.

You are a very, very special person who truly makes a beautiful difference in this world.

~ Deanna Beisser



My colleagues and friends... Elaine, Poh Yee, Winnie & Jeff

Thank you... my dearest friends, these are dedicated to all of you.

p/s: dedicated to soul mates and good friends who are not showing in pictures above. (mainly because I don't have nice picture of you, not because you are not my good friends.)

4 comments:

Lingzie said...

Sam, your post reminded me about a Sex and the City episode. For me, a big part of SATC is about the great friendship among the 4 ladies. So in this particular episode, the ladies have all had disappointments in their love lives and in trying to find their so called 'soul mate'. And then at the very end of that episode Charlotte says to the rest something like "We are always trying to find a man to be our soulmate...but sometimes don't you think that the four of us could be each other's soulmates?"
I cried when she said that. Because I understand what she means, and today I am reminded again that I have already found my soulmates.

Wei Sum said...

Yeah! Friendship forever!

Pr3tty* Knitty~ said...

Touching post ever! You are always my best friend and soul mate too! =) Love you!

Wei Sum said...

Love you too!