I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Monday, June 18, 2007

2007 Father's Day Present to My Dad

Mother's day I had cooked a dinner for my family as present for my mom, as you know, I am a typical Libra, I treat everyone equally, so, for father's day, I need to cook again as present to my dad la. hehe. But this time, I just don't know why, I didn't have much time to take my picture while I was cooking, this time you can only see the "result", but not showing you step-by-step how I prepared and cooked the dishes. Sorry!

Dish 1:
Pineapple Spare Ribs


Mix spare ribs with 1/2 tbsp light soya sauce, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 egg, 1 tsp bicarbonate soda, 2tbsp shaoxing wine, 2 tbsp water, 2 tbsp corn flour, marinate for 1 hour.


Deep-fry the marinated spare ribs.


Prepare the pineapple bowl


As I'm not so skillful in it, it took me about 1/2 hour to do it.


Cook sauce ingredients (2 tbsp sugar, 3 tbsp tomato sauce, 2 tbsp plum sauce, 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce, 1 tbsp chili sauce, 1 tbsp white rice vinegar and 150ml water) until thick, add in pineapple cube, fried spare ribs and stir-fry until well mixed. Dish up and serve.


Dish 2:
Kong Pow Fish
(No idea what's the name of this fish, but this was requested by my dad. This one really difficult, cause I can't find any recipe of it. I simply wrack only, but luckily the taste not so bad, still edible or better, haha)

Anyone can tell me what's the name of this fish?
The blood is very slippery, hard to wash away the slippery fluid.


Cut into pieces and marinate with Shaoxing wine and salt.
I'm not sure is that the way to marinate the fish. But the final "outcome" taste not so bad la. Anyone has better idea to marinate the fish?

(since this is cooked with fish, I didn't bring it to deep-fry, because it might spoil the texture)
1. Cut 20 dried chillies to shorter length, shake off seeds, then wash and soak them for 30 minutes or till soft. Drain.
2. Stir-fry dried chillies in a clean wok at low heat until turn to dark color and fragrant. Dish up.
3. Heat up 2 tbsp oil, saute sliced ginger until fragrant. Add in sliced onion, dried chillies and stir well.
3. Add in the fish, 2 tbsp light soya sauce, 1 tbsp oyster sauce, 1 tbsp chilli sauce, 1 tsp sugar, 1 tsp black vinegar and stir-fry until well-mixed.
(if you feel the sauce is too water, you can add 1tsp corn flour mixed with 2 tbsp water for thickening)


Dish 3:
Prawn Meat in Open-faced Omelette


1. Mix prawn meat with sugar (sugar made the prawn meat firmer) and light soya sauce. Deep-fry in hot oil for a short while until just cooked. Dish up.
2. Beat 4 eggs with the 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tbsp light soya sauce and dash of sesame oil and pepper until well-mixed.
3. Heat up 2 tbsp oil, pour in beaten eggs and pan-fry until half set. Arrange prawn meat on top of omelette and fry for a little while longer. Dish up and serve hot.

Dish 4:
Chinese Spinach in Superior Stock
(OMG, direct translation, sorry la, my English not that "superior" ;p)

1. Heat up 1 tbsp oil and saute sliced garlic until fragrant. Pour in stock and bring to boil.
2. Put in Chinese spinach and cook for about 3 minutes (from my experience, 3 minutes is not enough, have to boil longer).
3. Add in seasoning (1 tsp salt, 1 tbsp light soya sauce, dash of pepper and chicken stock granules), century egg (diced) and bring to boil. Dish up.
4. Sprinkle fried ikan bilis on top and serve hot.


No comments: