I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Tuesday, September 06, 2011

1st Day of My China Trip – Flight Catching Fright

1st day: Flying day. Our flight to Hangzhou was in the late afternoon, but I was taking a day off, just to give myself ample of time to prepare. My plan was to take KLIA Transit @ Bandar Tasik Selatan to LCCT, but when I was about to leave my house, unfortunately the rain was pouring down, I called my friend and she said her bf can give me a lift. What I never expect was, by the time we reached Bandar Tasik Selatan, we missed the train, we quickly checked in via phone (by doing this, you don’t have to be physically in the airport 2 hours before departure), instructions mentioned we need to be there an hour before. We calculated and crossed our fingers, hoping there isn’t any “surprises”.

Thanks God, no surprise, but we were still 5 minutes late to check in our luggage. We were trying to negotiate with the staffs, promising we can carry our own luggage on board (my luggage was quite small, so, it fit to the hand carry requirement), but my friend luggage was oversize, and I didn’t know my friend only purchased 15kg of luggage for both of us, hers was 7kg or 8kg, mine was about 12kg. End up I need to remove most of my stuffs (luckily I packed everything in vacuum bags, so, it’s easier to take in whole) from my luggage to put in my backpack, then bla bla bla bla… the AirAsia crews softened a little and allow us to carry our luggage to the flight and pass to the crew to put in the luggage cabin.

But after all the time we spent in the negotiation, we still need to run up and down (bear in mind, with luggage) to custom counter, hand luggage scanning machine, waiting area and flight. I swear, I will never, never ever do such thing to myself again, I’m not a person who can rush like that, not only we were sweating by the time we reach the flight, but throughout the 5-hour flight journey, I was worrying about our luggage, was it really in the cabin?

My heart was pumping hard when we were waiting at the luggage belt for our luggage, and yes, our luggage came out last, at last! Because we planned to tour Shanghai before Hangzhou, the only transportation to Shanghai at that time (11pm) was AirAsia bus, the fare is quite expensive, RMB100 per person. I actually haven’t had my dinner in the flight, so, again, I need to run (hate myself running again) to the nearby McD, grabbed their latest chicken burger (something similar to our McChicken Delux) and eat in the bus.

After 2 hours, we reached Shanghai, it was too dark and I have no idea where were we, we were told not to take the maroon cab (they don’t charge by meter). So, we waited for a while, hopped in one of the white cab, my friend gave him her sister’s apartment address and finally, we were “home” safely, end of our 1st day of adventurous. 

No comments: