I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Friday, September 18, 2009

Europe Trip - Paris Day 3

Final day in Paris...

Actually the hotel that we stayed has cafeteria and their breakfast was only 5 euro per person (if I'm not mistaken). From the first day we stayed in, we already decided to have the breakfast there one of the morning. So, last day already, gotta be that morning.

Very simple breakfast... all sort of bread (free flow), all sort of jams, butters, cheese, chocolate and tea and coffee
compare to the breakfast that we normally take, ie nasi lemak, noodles, dim sum... obviously, our breakfast have more choices and more interesting!

Then, we decided to go up to Eiffel Tower. Actually the night before we (at least myself) were struggling shall we go to see the beautiful Eiffel Tower with light on again? But end up, we were too exhausted, we ended up in bed instead.

Before leaving this city, we gotta at least say a proper goodbye to Eiffel Tower

The legs of Eiffel Tower
That day was very windy and thick clouds in the sky
While queuing for ticket, I enjoyed seeing the movement of clouds, they were fast!

Although the queue was very long, but in short while, we already in the ticket counter. We were thinking, shall we told the cashier we were students? Ya, we looked young in their eyes.
When we were talking to the cashier, we forgot to mention, then when she collected the money from us, we were thinking, shall we cheat? But ended up, she didn't believe us, so, mission failed. hahaha
We are just not a professional liar...

I'm quite excited about going up and yea, quite scary too although I know the lift should be very very safe.

In seconds, we were already at the waist of the tower. Wow... what a magnificent view from there... Paris is so packed and congested, all the building, houses are very crowded, and I noticed that Paris does not has a lot of tall building and does not has a lot of greenery.

From there, I was trying to locate some famous attractions that we read from books.

A building with gold roof top... anyone know what's this building?
It's actually quite far away from the tower... just that my camera has great zoom power... hehe, so proud of it.

A cruise @ Seine River

Ha, finally found this...
Arc of Triomphe


Bottom: Pont de Lena (the bridge)
Middle: Palais de Chaillot (Trocadero)
Top: I called it another part of the world... with tall buildings
anyone know where's that place?


Me & Qiaoyi before going up to the top



My ticket

There's a chamber at the top of Eiffer Tower
and there are 2 wax figures inside... one of them is Mr. Eiffel and another one is the inventor Thomas Edison
This room was used to a meeting room for Mr. Eiffel to meet some famous people.
So, I was wondering... the lift was build since that time? or they have different way to reach the top?

Champ De Mars (Field of Mars)
A large green area in the city

Seine River
A few bridges linking both side of the city


Toilet up there!
Wonder how is the whole sewage system working?

Lunch time again... we went to Lafayette again because Qiaoyi found out that the Longchamps
that she bought still has the magnetic tag attached to it, so, she needs to go back to the shop to remove the tag.

When we were there the day before, we walked pass this restaurant, selling mixed rice (zhap fan)... So, we decided to bring the parents there and we ate Subways which was opposite this shop.

Variety of dishes, looked yummy, taste... erm, can't compare with what we have in Malaysia

After eating and settling the tag, we went to one of the famous churches in Paris
- Notre Dame Cathedral
Can never miss this...

Remember the cartoon "The Hunchback Of Notre Dame", the cartoon was drawn base on this church

It's Friday... and there were a "service" in the church
I'm not a Christian nor a Catholic... has no idea who are they and what were they doing

The interior of the church is beautiful



The exterior, with a lot of carvings

The statue outside the church

Chasing the pigeon

These 2 girls hugging each other and cry after coming out from the church...
why? felt touch gua...

A mother hanging out with her 2 handsome sons
see, one of them smile to me

There are a lot of ugly creatures on the wall

At the back of the church, there is a garden
A lot of big roses can be found there

The garden


Before leaving the place, we realized we haven't tried any dessert in Paris... how could that happen? So, we picked this which is just next to Notre Dame

Can't miss their Crepe
and this is Chocolate & banana crepe

I think the one that I took in Eurostar is nicer...

Creme brulee
one of the must try dessert in Paris
The burnt caramel top smell so good

Frankly speaking, I don't take strawberry product, for example, strawberry cake, strawberry ice-cream... but this strawberry ice-cream has changed my taste... it tasted so refreshing and cool!
Since then, when I came back to KL, I started trying strawberry cheesecake ice-cream and strawberry sorbet... never thought that I will like it.

A group photo in Paris
I like this photo, everybody looks so good

Love this pic too...
what a serene scenery

This day, we went back to Chinatown again... same restaurant for our dinner
Qiaoyi ordered this Vietnamese Pho Soup noodle the day before and she let use try and we think that the noodle and the soup was nice, so, this day, out of 7 of us, 4 ordered this without second thought. hehe


Have we left of any must-go attractions in Paris?
I told my friend, Paris isn't as romantic as I think, maybe I was there "alone", I mean I didn't go with my love one or what.
If there are really some places that I've missed during this trip... I think, I will be only going back after I've traveled to other countries/ cities of Europe, eg Spain, Protugal, Italy, Germany... or maybe when I have the significant other... :)

I was so looking forward to Amsterdam the next day...
stay tune... for more interesting travel dairies in Amsterdam

2 comments:

kyh said...

The building with the golden dome is called the Dome church, located amongst a building complex known as Les Invalides. It is the resting place of Napoleon Bonaparte. His sarcophagus (coffin) is placed right under the golden dome.

Parisians objected to the construction of tall buildings in the centre of their city because it spoiled the architecture and atmosphere of their old-world heritage buidings. Therefore, all those modern skyscrapers are built in La Defense, the commercial centre that you see with those tall buildings, very far away from the city centre.

As for the 'ugly creatures' that you see at the Notre Dame, they are called gargoyles.

Cheers!

kyh @ http://soleilian.com

Wei Sum said...

thanks for the sharing kyh... :)