I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Japanese Strawberry Shortcake

Haven’t bake for a period of time, and last 2 months, the strawberry which imported from Korea was so fresh and sweet, coincidently I also found a recipe of making Japanese strawberry short cake, so, I thought I should give it a try. At first I was following the method written to prepare the short cake, however, I failed, yet I need to figure out how to settle 2 boxes of strawberry that I bought, so, I follow the usual way of making sponge cake (refer http://unprofessionalphotography.blogspot.com/2011/03/lemon-peach-mousse-cake_29.html), cut and layered the cake with whipped cream and strawberry cubes, then cover the cake with whipped cream and decorated with strawberry slices… muak, lovely! (self-praise again Embarrassed smile) I think, baking is still quite therapeutic for me, instead of shopping.

IMG_0411IMG_0410IMG_0409

Later on when I was surfing the net, I came to this page http://www.lafujimama.com/2010/07/japanese-strawberry-shortcake/, she is also using sponge and I think, one day I would love to this her recipe.

No comments: